Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Salon Textil Internacional de Barcelona


(a private residence in Pueblo Seco)

Ah today I met the designer I am going to be working for! First I had lunch with the director of my program and he took me to meet Lola at the Salon textil International De Barcelona. She is really awesome. She doesn't speak much English but we understand each other well. The two of us walked around the textile salon. We discussed fabric, talked about her next collection and about the vendors themselves. She picked some fabrics out and I really liked all of them, I think we will work well together. We have some of the same aesthetics. (Click here for her website!) After two hours we rode the metro together and I met the other IEP students for the first time. They were from all over the US and were super nice. They have already been here for a month so they gave me some useful information. We walked around the neighborhood of Pueblo Seco. Its a beautiful neighborhood. We all then had tea and pastries at a Moroccan restaurant. It had a really awesome atmosphere. All and all, lots of good stuff.



Moroccan Restaurant



Tea time

No comments:

Post a Comment