Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Parque Güell


(an view from the top of Parque Guell)

Today after Spanish I decided to venture out to Parque Guell, the beautiful park created by the one and only Antoni Gaudi. I picked the best day yet because it was so sunny and warm. The light reflects magnificently off Gaudi's work. I walked about a mile out of my way to get there but it was a beautiful day. It is amazing what this city will do to you, I enjoy walking....for hours. Chicago on the other hand no! So I wandered around the Parque Guell. It was really inspiring, I got a lot of ideas for designs there. I can't wait to start exploring them in a design journal. I plan to go back soon and sketch. There were a few people there drawing. Also, I got to run into some Gypsies for the 2nd time. The first time I saw some they were being searched by the cops. I love Parque Guell.

You can't see it here, but this is ridiculously steep with 3 escalators to help you walk up.




There are a lot more pictures, I would suggest exploring. My pictures do it absolutely no justice

El tibidabo
(you might remember Vicki Chirstina Barcelona, this is where they were at one point in the movie)

No comments:

Post a Comment