Tuesday, February 23, 2010

El Barrio Gracia


Today was my first day of my intensive Spanish class. (Not only is it intense at school but everywhere: ) My host mother only speaks Spanish). I got to ride the metro for the first time. It is incredible. Every train is there in 3 minutes or shorter, there is a clock that tells you when the next train is coming, its huge, clean, modern, and a serious delight to ride. After class I had my first Spanish lunch with Laura from my program. Here in BCN, people eat a small breakfast, a three course/large lunch, and dinner after 9:00PM. Restaurants have a media dia menu where you pick two things, a dessert and most likely coffee. The food is amazing. Also many shops and activities close from 2-4 for the siesta. Laura then proceeded to take me to her favorite neighborhood in BCN, Gracia. It is beautiful and very expensive to live in. Many people were out walking around because after lunch that is what you do. Many shops carry items by local designers. I also saw a poster for life drawing classes so I definitely want to check those out. I bought a Spanish cell phone, stopped at the grocery store for a few quick things and proceed to walk home. Lots and lots of walking here but its wonderful because of the incredible things you have to look at. Angels made me dinner at 9:00pm, we watched passapalabra, chatted and I did my Spanish homework.

A privately owned house designed by Gaudi in Gracia

A apartment in Gracia
Some graffiti (greg there is ton here)


Mi Mobil!

No comments:

Post a Comment